Monday, October 27, 2008

Visiting Teaching Movie

In August, a friend forwarded a link to a Visiting Teaching Movie that I just loved. I thought it would be perfect to use at our next Visiting Teaching Conference - but it would be more effective if it had actors from our own ward. So using several of their ideas and adding a couple of my own, I started recording. For the conference, we issued 'tickets' to this movie matinee. After playing a game, we sent everyone into the 'theater' picking up their 'movie matinee kits' on their way. We had a concession stand with popcorn and candy and watched the 20 minute movie. I was very pleased with the result - thanks to the good natured acting of our sisters (they are NOT bad visiting teachers as the movie portrays) and Jared's professional editing. A few remarks from me & the Bishop hopefully sent everyone home motivated to be even better visiting teaching and not fall into the traps protrayed by the movie. It was originally saved as high definition & wide screen, so Jared re-saved it in an easier format to upload. I hope it works!

4 comments:

Cami said...

I love my home ward!!

<3

Ben said...

Random thoughts.

My favorite parts:

1. Katherine Camarina reading Rough Stone Rolling.

2. The family affair

3. The Drive-by teacher

4. The music background

My favorite actors/actresses:

1. Zorra

2. Abe (and all the kids for that matter)

3. The "Special Delivery" Duo

4. Janet and Pollie Williams

Most unsung hero:

1. Jared on editing (masterful job)

And my mom did good putting it all together, too :)

Louise said...

Very Good Mel. I enjoyed reading it.

Saundra said...

That was great! Beau and I had fun watching, and realizing that we don't know our home ward anymore. It has changed so much!