Saturday, April 18, 2009

Santa Fe to meet Ben & Catherine

After a ride on the Rail Runner from Los Lunas to Santa Fe...

We met Ben & Catherine who were driving from Denver. The next morning, we explored the Roundhouse - New Mexico's Capital building.

We saw the House & Senate Auditoriums

Enjoyed the round architecture and dome...

And played with the statues.


We were supposed to go with Ben & Catherine to Bandalier, but Abe preferred riding the Rail Runner home. He was worried about missing his friend Cody's birthday party. We all have our priorities!

1 comment:

Saundra said...

I was fortunate to spend an entire week at the Roundhouse during my Senior year of high school with the Staters organization. We acted as pages while they were in session. I even got to meet Governor Gary Johnson. My favorite, was the NM State Seal that they have on the floor. I guess it's a big NO-NO to step on it. While we were there, they had people standing around guarding it, to make sure no one stepped on the seal. I'm glad to see that Abe was able to take a picture on it. I always thought, Why have the seal on THE FLOOR, if you don't want anyone to step on it???