Monday, July 12, 2010

Journey of 28 Years!

Richard and I were apart (again) for our anniversary. Unbeknownst to me, he dictated a tribute to his mother who had it typed up and waiting for me with a single rose when I woke up July 8th. When I thanked him and expressed my amazement at the thought and effort that he put into it, he humbly responded, "I have lots of time to think while I'm driving." I love that man! With his permission, I get to share it with all of you...

In our journey of the past 28 years, in one sense it seems like a blink of an eye but in another sense it has been an incredible journey of education, career, travel, family and friends; and to have an opportunity to raise four boys that exemplify the complete aspect of personality and interest that have been able to propagate parental pride and fulfillment.

I have had the fortunate blessing of sharing this journey of the past 28 years with someone who exemplifies aggressive optimism, pragmatism, epistemology, and tolerance that have made the journey almost entirely prositive and full of happiness and love.

I can only say that I am with somebody that makes my heart skip when I see her. I have just enjoyed beign with her and look forward to many, many more years of life and living.

Richard

Lucky, lucky me!

3 comments:

Lucky to be the mom said...

Melanie,
This is priceless! Thank you, Richard, for allowing her to share this sneak peek into your marriage.
Nothing makes me happier than when Lane and I are "accused" of acting like newlyweds...It's wonderful to be more and more in love with each passing day.
This makes me happy all over :)

Caryn said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

So cool Melanie! I am so glad you posted this. Too often, all that is out there about marriage is negative.

Isn't it just the best to have a wonderful, fulfilling love?!!! I can't imagine life without the sweetness of my wonderful partner. It makes the bad times, easier. And the good times seem like they last forever.


Congrats on Spencer's return. I can't wait to see him.

Jody K.