Wednesday, December 10, 2008


Vienna was a little disappointing. It was just another big modern city with fancy shops on the ground floors and apartments on the top. This is the opera house (our bad timing didn't allow for a tour), which Mozart conducted some of his famous works. It's the classical music capital of the world and we enjoyed an amazing concert of mostly Mozart and Strauss compositions, including 'The Blue Danube' which both my mothers (who were sisters, remember) played on the piano as I was growing up. I guess if you want to become anything in the music world, Vienna is the place for you.

1 comment:

Patty said...

That is cool that both of your Mother's played it. I knew your Mother played and I knew Aunt Ruby played for Primary, in Ogden (I think or else she was chorister). Some how I knew she played the piano but I didn't know how much.