Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Drumline


Jared loves being in a drumline. He's amazing on the quads - which I think should be called quints because there are five drums, not four. His mallets are a blur as he strikes away, many times crossing arms which looks cool. Besides a good engineering program being a requirement for colleges he's applying to, there has to be a decent marching band. He'd like to be part of a band with fellow students as quick to catch on as he is. Makes me wished I had been in a marching band.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Four of our children were in marching band. Jared was in the BYU marching band when they went to the Cotton Bowl. He loved it. Mark was in the UCLA marching band. We were able to see them perform twice. It was so fun.
Our two youngest were in Drum line and they really enjoyed it.
Adam was in something like that at BYU-Idaho. We were able to see a fun DVD of one of their performances.

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like a good drum line to get your blood moving! I love it! The kids love it! The little nephews love it! Go Jared! I agree...why are they called quads? I've never gotten a satisfactory answer to that one...